Sunday, June 6, 2010

June 6th, Day of visibility for CFS/ME Fibromyalgia, Lyme, POTS -UNITE!

The Doctor, by Sir Luke Fildes (1891)Image via Wikipedia


So many diseases or illnesses have NOT been recognized by modern medicine and "mental issue" is always the most convenient excuse for doctors to ignore both their ignorance and patients' suffering. Most these sufferers from these "invisible" diseases are not considered as patients thus they don't receive decent respects and compassion as they deserved. Mistreatment and misunderstanding, NOT their "depression" are the reasons for them to stay solitude.
Here is the quote from a fackbook page for today's event:
-----------
Invisible Diseases are often thought of as just making people really tired. -If only that was the worst of it! You want to know what we are tired of?

~We are tired of the majority of medical doctors sending us home for depression!

~We are tired of being shunned from our friends and families!

~We are tired of waiting and waiting as we grow weaker and weaker!

~We are tired of this constant internal pain and suffering!

~We are tired of being humiliated!
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. If only doctors would admit their lack of knowledge in this area and make an honest effort to learn more! But they insist on hiding behind their masks of infallibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have CFS and Fibromyalgia. I can't even remember how many doctors I went to before I finally found one that diagnosed me properly and actually listened. It was so frustrating. The doctors I went to thought I was to young to have anything wrong with me. Most of them told me it was stress and depression. Well yes I was depressed because it felt like an Elephant stomped all over me when I woke up every morning and I could barely make it through the day. As a result my condition worsened. I feel better now that I finally found a doctor that listened. This is a great blog and one that I can personally relate to as well.

    ReplyDelete