Monday, July 13, 2009

CFS and weight loss

Not sure about other CFS sufferers, I myself always gain weight when my health declines. I had twice gained weight suddenly in my middle aged life: once I gained 20 lbs in 3 month and the second time was 2 years ago, I gained 10 lbs in about one months. And as soon as my health getting better, I am able to do some exercise, my weight drops.

Based on Elmer M. Cranton (http://www.drcranton.com/CFIDS.htm), yeasts mostly live around large intestine area. Thus I think that people with big waistline might carry more yeasts than those with small belly. That's why getting fat is not healthy at all. Of course there are lots of people have big belly and they are just fine, but I suspect that the reason that they are fine might be because their immue systems are strong enought to deal with that many yeasts. When yeasts grow out of proportion, which means more than their immue system can handle, they would suffer consequence just like many CFS sufferers.

Above all, everybody is different. I am glad that I don't have a very strong immue system otherwise, I may weigh 200 pounds now!

No comments:

Post a Comment