Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fish Head Soup


Tilapia caught in Lake Hora, Debre Zeyit, Ethi...

I was terribly tired yesterday and realized that I had not been eating well for over just ONE day. During afternoon I suddenly felt the need of fish soup. So I pulled up a tilapia head from refrigerator and made my favorite fish tomato soup. It really restored my energy instantly!
I did not mean that this soup can work on any fatigue condition but it indeed worked for me at the moment.

Here is the recipe:

Fish head (I used one piece of Tilapia which was big enough), ginger root shreds, green onion, tomato, mushroom, tofu (optional)

1. Stir fry fish head with veg oil, until the color changes;
2. Add water and wait until boiled, then add ginger shreds, rice wine(optional), green onion; turn stove from high to medium;
3, About 5 - 10 minutes add sliced tomato, mushroom,
4. Boil the soup for another 20 - 30 minutes then it's ready to serve!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment