Saturday, September 24, 2011

Vitamin Supplements

The Vitamin ShoppeImage by Haydn Blackey via FlickrSince my last relapse (about one year ago), I have not been taking much vitamins. During recent over half years I absolutely took none. The reason is that since I carefully worked on my diet, I found the improvement made by foods were much more "tangible" than by vitamins. And this made me doubt the effects of vitamin. Of course I trust science and believe those elements are necessary but I was just not sure how well it works for my special condition. However, the recent several month my improvement was slow. I have been stopped in my 80% - 90%. So I wondered again. I suppose the diversity of foods is still not enough and vitamins might be needed.

Another symptom made me felt quite certain about my lack of calcium was arthritis on my figures (I had terrible arthritis symptom all over my body in this early spring, but later other parts were all fine except my left hand). I could not make a fist by my left hand, especially when I got up in the morning. So, I decided to "arm" myself with two supplements: calcium and multi-vitamin.

I bought liquid calcium and multivitamin in softgel form (liquid and softgel are supposed to be easier to absorb). I got them from Vitamin Shoppe (I like their quality of products and reasonable price. So highly recommended).
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment