Sunday, April 15, 2012

Life on the mend

Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
After a serious relapse which lasted almost two months (February and March), I am getting better this month. The symptom mostly was my heart malfunction, it immobilized my body for the most of February and part of March. The second symptom was stomach weakness which prevent me to get enough nutrition, and consequently affect my heart's recovery.

I did terrific in the second half of last year and I thought I was on the way out of trouble. What triggered this major attack? By looking back, my answers again, is "multiple causes": The first one I would think was my thinking/writing hobby, which made my body lacked exercises, hence my heart suffered; the second cause I would say it was "coffee". I drank 2- 3 cups of coffee almost every afternoon last year. It overburdened my heart. After these two, there were some other trivial ones, like diet, rest, etc.

Lesson learned again in a tough way. I was demanded to change my lifestyle: thinking/writing as less as possible, engaging in physical activities as much as I could (the problem is that I could not do "too much" physical activities either - right amount of physical activities is beneficial, too much would be the worst nightmare, and the line in between is almost "invisible"!). This pretty much means to change my personality. But I have no choices. Without a healthy body, I could not enjoy my colorful mind. So while my body is on the mend, i hope my life is also on the mend.
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

  1. We are so very complex, aren't we? Who is to say what factors lead us to illness? Don't be too hard on yourself. Daily we take in chemicals and toxins in the air, food, and water - and we have no control over what we do not know. It is good to put into practice all that we know is good for us - and I agree - a healthy mind helps to heal the body. A healthy body helps to heal the mind. All parts of us work together so intricately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks melody for coming to my little corner. :-) your support is deeply appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calm, calm, calm. Imagine your priorities. Be calm.

    ReplyDelete